Monday, March 09, 2009

More Florida


Ok I am going to add one story at a time.....
First I'll start with Georgia......
So Tanya and I headed to St. Augustine

as we were driving she told me that Georgia was only 30 minutes from St. Augustine,
so of course I said "LET'S GO TO GEORGIA" Whoo hooooo road trip baby! So I text Mark and said Tanya and I are on our way to Georgia to buy a soda take a picture and buy a lottery quick pick and then I will have been to Georgia.
Mark said, have a peach. GREAT IDEA! I was so excited, my mom loves peaches so I thought I will buy her a crate of Georgia peaches and have them shipped to her, I was having a blast. So as we drove Tanya realized it was actually 30 minutes form Jacksonville
so it was actually an hour extra each way but what the heck we were on an adventure and I was on my way to having a peach! So we passed state lines

and came to the very first exit and we got off the freeway. There right in front of us was the biggest fruit stand with the biggest signs and one sign said.. "We ship fruit anywhere" YEAH!!! but I didn't want to do it that fast I wanted to see a little bit of Georgia first so we drove around a little and 20 minutes later, never found another fruit stand so we jumped back on the freeway and headed back to the first exit. We got back to the first fruit stand and parked and got out to take our pictures when a little, I mean little, drunk Mexican guy walked up to us reeking of booze and wanted us to come in his fruit stand. We proceeded to take our pictures..


Then I headed into the stand and looked around, guess what, can you guess, are you smarter than I????
THERE WAS NO PEACHES!! There wasn't any fruit. We turned to little drunk guy and asked him where the peaches were... He said, "no, it's too cold, you want peaches, you go to Walmart"
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!
But dumb blonde me, I said, OK how do we get there. So we rushed off to walmart but came across Publix first which is their grocery store in Florida and I guess Georgia.

So we headed in and straight for the produce. There were 2 produce guys working and we found the peaches and can you guess, can you guess?? are you smarter than I?
The PEACHES WERE FROM CHILE!!! "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!" So dumb blonde me again turned to the produce guy and asked where the heck the GEORGIA peaches were. He let me in on the fact that they do have Georgia peaches..... in the SUMMERTIME!!
Cheese and Crackers!! I was very bummed and feeling pretty stupid but I was in Georgia so..... ha ha just kidding!
So at the last minute I remembered my lotto ticket (which by the way I havent even checked yet, I could be a Georgia millionaire and not know it) and Tanya took my picture holding a Georgia newspaper.

Well we at least had another good laugh, we had MANY of those the 6 days I was there.
We left Georgia and headed to St. Augustine, I'll post about that next time but you might be wondering why I look so young in St. Augustine....... you will have to keep checking back to find out :)

No comments: