Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving in Oregon


We are enjoying the hot tub and loving the snow falling on and around us! This is the life!


This is Goody's, the best ice cream and candy shop in Oregon!
It is a MUST for us EVERY visit!



We are having a great time in Oregon. It keeps snowing on us but not enough to stick. The boys went to the mountains today, (15 min. away) and had LOTS of snow to sled on. The girls went shopping downtown. We had 30 family members at our Thanksgiving feast and everyone had a great time, it was an all day event. We will leave Sunday so tomorrow will be our last day. We will probably try to go sledding one more time and enjoy our last day together. We are here mainly to visit with my great Aunt Clara. She is really going up and down, when she goes down it's pretty hard. She goes comatose and then can ask for hot coffee with cream and sugar. It's pretty bizarre, hospice themselves are baffled. We are VERY thankful she was still here when we got to Oregon and that we have had a week to spend with her, (a little every day). She is a great lady and will be dearly missed!
That's all for now, I am looking forward to coming home to some warmer weather, the 30's (which is actually very warm for this time of year) is cold enough for me.
I am looking forward to the Christmas season ahead! I love this time of year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 30 dinner guests! Aunt Bonnie must have some great food. Someone will need to rub her feet when all has slowed down. Or SOMEONE could stop "joking" with her! Family is a blessing and I am sure your Aunt Clara was filled to the rim with joy from the visits of her family.
LET ME BE THE FIRST TO SAY WELCOME HOME! Now maybe we'll see you more than once a week. :)>

Julie said...

I am not anonymous! Your blog is trying to erase me from your life! You must remember me Amy!! J/K but the first post was me!