Thursday, September 11, 2008

Growing up


It was 17 years ago I held this baby in my arms, praying always for his health, character, relationship with God, future, and here is one of those moments when we release control and come right along side helping him grow into a man. Mark completed his driving course and took the written test at DMV and had his first behind the wheel lesson yesterday. The instructor said he did excellent. The boys and I then drove down to Orange County for the day and I had to stop at Target about 5 miles from my parents house. When I came out I handed Mark Jr the keys and said drive us home. (to my parents). Ryan and Josh were a little wary but you gotta drive to learn so off we went. He did OK, I never felt the urge to open the car door and dive out for safety.

We got to my parents and I took him again just the 2 of us to starbucks for coffee, (he needed the practice of course) :-)

Well already he is showing improvement, he listens well, and makes the corrections needed.

So here are the pictures of him coming back from behind the wheel training. After your first lesson your permit becomes legal.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool, and I missed it. I am so happy that you have this BLOG, I can be thousands of miles away, and yet when I look at this, I feel close.
Good job Jr. and Thank you babe for keeping me in the loop.
I Love and miss you all very much.
Dad.
:)

Julie said...

He looks way too old!! I wish I would have been there to pinch his cheecks and totally embarrass him! He's lucky you wouldn't do it for me. Seriously though, good job Mark!! Now i'm afraid you will finally take me up on all those offers to drive my car EEEEEEKKKKK! You are growing before all of our eyes (wheep,wheep) and someday I may call you to take me somewhere....then you can say you help the disabled run errands!! Love you so much!